Study of Drug for (Maybe) Treating Augmentation

Use this forum to discuss any issues associated with Augmentation
badnights

Study of Drug for (Maybe) Treating Augmentation

Postby badnights » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:14 am

Those of you who've seen the March eFriends newsletter will have seen this, but I thought I would post it here because someone is finally looking at how to treat augmentation. I feel leery about messing with dopamine receptors to fix a problem caused by messing with dopamine receptors, but I'm very interested in what they find out.

Grant Awarded for Augmentation Treatment Testing

The RLS Foundation has awarded a $37,000 research grant for "Treatment of RLS Augmentation with Ecopipam, A D1 Specific Antagonist" to William G. Ondo, MD, of Houston Methodist Neurological Institute. This small clinical trial will evaluate the effectiveness of ecopipam in reversing the symptoms of augmentation, a common side effect of dopamine medications. Dr. Ondo is director of the RLS Quality Care Center at Houston Methodist, and a member of the RLS Foundation Scientific and Medical Advisory Board. Watch for more information on the study coming soon.
Beth - Wishing you all many hours of restful sleep tonight
WED/RLS AUGMENTATION:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6532&p=61601#p61601
(Moderator's posts don't reflect the RLS Foundation's opinion & are not medical advice.)

Polar Bear

Re: Study of Drug for (Maybe) Treating Augmentation

Postby Polar Bear » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:20 am

This is great news and an indication of the work done by the Foundation.
Pretty good that it is under the direction of Dr Ondo.
http://www.willis-ekbom.org/about-rls-wed/publications
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Rustsmith

Re: Study of Drug for (Maybe) Treating Augmentation

Postby Rustsmith » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:05 pm

I sort of wish this had happened 2 years ago while I was one of Dr Ondo's patients and was augmented for the second time. I would have been a perfect candidate for the study and the results probably couldn't have been any worse than the year of augmentation that I ended up going through.
Steve

Augmentation Evaluation http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9005

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Return to “Augmentation”