Pramipexole withdrawal

Use this forum to discuss any issues associated with Augmentation
Frunobulax

Re: Pramipexole withdrawal

Post by Frunobulax »

homer001 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:00 am
Thanks bad nights you were right continue to have issues two weeks after last dose of sifrol has anybody else experienced neuropathic type symptoms in their feet and legs post withdrawal? Is worse than the RLS
I only experienced depressions after 3-4 weeks of withdrawal.
Not sure what your symptoms are. Reminds me a bit of (pre)diabetic issues, but this could be miles off not knowing your medical history. Are HbA1c and triglycerides in normal range? Blood pressure, weight OK?

A possible mechanism is this: Withdrawal and sleep deprivation increase stress levels (cortisol), which in turn increases insulin and blood glucose. If you are prediabetic (as many of us are, 3/4th of the older population according to studies), some diabetic symptoms might manifest. I usually recommend a low carb/ketogenic diet, but then I'm certainly not neutral in this because I've seen big improvements due to this change in my diet.

badnights

Re: Pramipexole withdrawal

Post by badnights »

has anybody else experienced neuropathic type symptoms in their feet and legs post withdrawal? Is worse than the RLS
Then it must be dreadful. I feel awful for you.

Dopamine is involved in pain control (in complicated ways that I don't understand), so it is conceivable that stopping the Sifrol has caused your problem. But for the same reason that your augmentation should go away, the neuropathic pain, if caused by Sifrol wtihdrawal, should also go away, as your dopamine receptors return to their pre-Sifrol state of balance. That's just a guess, and meanwhile it wouldn;t hurt to see a doctor about the neuropathic-like pain to rule out any other possible cause.

You couldn;t go wrong looking into a keto-type low-carb, high-fat diet, either.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.