Ropin-a-ROLLIN over me like a semi truck

Use this forum to discuss any issues associated with Augmentation
badnights

Re: Ropin-a-ROLLIN over me like a semi truck

Post by badnights »

Leslie wrote: He also warned me that even though its been 3 weeks without Ropinirole, I still have a few more weeks ahead of me where he said I shouldn't be surprised about some small "bumps in the road."

He ended the visit saying that I have been through HELL and made it out alive. And that I should be really proud of myself. I thought that was super sweet of him.
Who is your doctor there, if you don't mind saying? It sounds like you finally ended up with someone familiar with Earley (& Allen)'s work.

Anyway, I've been having trouble keeping up on the board, I know I responded to you once (I mentioned that the marijuana could be causing your anxiety) but I have re-read your story here just now and kept crying at parts of it. It's so terrible that people are still going through this, the hell of augmentation and withdrawal, 25 years after the problem was first described (by Richard Allen!), and on top of that, people thinking RLS is a made-up disease. Argh! It's frustrating and bitterly sad. I'm glad you made it through and I hope with all my heart that you're doing well.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

badnights

Re: Ropin-a-ROLLIN over me like a semi truck

Post by badnights »

Margaret122maryL wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:33 pm
She prescribes what I ask for, but I feel like I am managing this on my own with help from this community.

I realize I haven’t been myself for a long time. Perhaps the augmentation was creeping up on me for a year. I want to be myself again am probably being impatient. I hope this is not permanent.
Margaret122, the same goes for your posts here; they have made me cry. You're not the only one who feels like she's managing the disease on her own. That's the sad way it is with WED/RLS.

At least your doctor is willing to believe you about some things, but her lack of belief about the iron is a problem (I think that's the same doctor?). If you can't convince her to help you find an infusion, you can at least start oral iron - all you have to do is check with her if she sees any reason that it will cause you harm - that is, are there any signs that you might have hemachromatosis? If not, there should be no reason not to take oral iron. With a ferritin of 65, you could still benefit, perhaps you would need 2 pills of ferrous sulfate (each 60 or 65 mg elemental iron). Taken on an empty stomch with vitamin C before bed (because iron is absorbed into the brain most at night).

And meanwhile, work on convincing her AND on finding a different doctor...

You have the consensus paper on iron, right? I think you said you'd showed it to her - but if not, click the link in my signature, it's the third one in the list.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.