RLS in Head

Use this forum to discuss any issues associated with Augmentation
Oozz

RLS in Head

Post by Oozz »

I have RLS in my head. It comes on as a pressure sensation when I try to sleep, it’s not creepy/crawly. I have no sensation or urge to move in my limbs. It is alleviated by waking up. It’s like my brain is sending me a signal to wake up.

If the RLS wakes me up from sleep, it feels like a popping sensation. If the RLS is not fully controlled, I can sleep through it, but I’ll wake up with a terrible headache. I the RLS is much more sensitive.

I spoke with my doctor and he has never heard of anything t like this. There are two papers on google.scholar outlining cases similar to this.

I am quite concerned.

Rustsmith

Re: RLS in Head

Post by Rustsmith »

What sort of treatment was described for the patients in the two papers that you found?
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Oozz

Post by Oozz »

They responded to pramipaxole.

Oozz

Post by Oozz »

Since the RLS is just in my head, I do no get any feeling two move my limbs. It’s like instead of sending the signal to move a limb it just sends a blank signal. I am actually able to sleep through the RLS; however; the sleep is horrible horrible quality. Like waking up hungover.