Transitioning

Use this forum to discuss any issues associated with Augmentation
shinderlider

Re: Transitioning

Post by shinderlider »

Yes. I take 1/2 ropinirole at noon and the other 1/2 with the gabapentin at 7 pm. It is the time from about 6 am until noon that the RLS acts up. Tomorrow I am going to try taking the evening dose an hour later and the noon dose an hour earlier to see what happens.
Sue - Mom to Molly, Juliet, Maude & Jazzy
Georgia, USA

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

If you go earlier to 11am and later to 8pm you are stretching the afternoon by 2 hours. It will be interesting to see if the 11am dose will last long enough with regard to your evening symptoms. It is generally considered good practice to stay ahead of your symptoms i.e. it takes perhaps 60/90 minutes for the ropinerole to take effect. Good luck.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

shinderlider

Post by shinderlider »

For several days I have taken 1/2 of my 2mg ropinirole at noon. Then at 6 pm I take my 300mg gabapentin followed by the other 1/2 ropinirole at 9 pm. It seems to be working really well. I had never thought of taking the evening meds at different times. Here’s hoping it continues to be effective.
Georgia, USA

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Such good news to hear this has been working for you. Good luck.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

shinderlider

Post by shinderlider »

Started to struggle with the transition down to 2mg of ropinirole. Consulted with my doctor and we decided to add 300mg of gabapentin. So my regimen is 300mg of gabapentin at 7:00 am, 1/2 of the 2mg ropinirole at 11:00 am, then the other 1/2 with 300mg of gabapentin at 7:00 pm. I have been on this for almost a week and it seems to be working well except for some early morning grogginess and wonder is I need to take the morning gabapentin a bit later.
Georgia, USA

shinderlider

Post by shinderlider »

Well, I made what is hopefully the last step to be ropinirole free: dose cut from 2mg to 1mg. At the present, keeping the gabapentin dose at 300mg twice a day, knowing it can be increased if necessary. It has not always been easy but I am pleased that I am almost finished.
Georgia, USA

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Well done. You have done so well.
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

shinderlider wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:05 pm
Well, I made what is hopefully the last step to be ropinirole free: dose cut from 2mg to 1mg. At the present, keeping the gabapentin dose at 300mg twice a day, knowing it can be increased if necessary. It has not always been easy but I am pleased that I am almost finished.
Wonderful!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.