one year anniversary without re-augmenting

Use this forum to discuss any issues associated with Augmentation
stjohnh

one year anniversary without re-augmenting

Post by stjohnh »

I just checked my records and found that I am now at the one-year anniversary of my current medication regimen. A little over a year ago I augmented on Mirapex (pramipexole), switched to Neupro and got rashes on neupro, tapered off that and restarted Mirapex after a torturous week with no DA at all at a much lower Mirapex dose supplemented by kratom, cannabis and gabapentin. I have now been on a stable dosage for 1 year.

For the last year I have taken 0.125 mg mirapex, 15 mg THC, 700 mg kratom, and 50 mg Gabapentin at 7:30 p.m. I have also taken an additional 50 mg gabapentin, 350 mg Kratom, and 5 mg THC at approximately 11 p.m. every night.

With this regimen I get very mild leg jumping if i lay down on the bed starting at about noon, I get significant symptoms starting around 5 or 6 p.m. every evening and generally watch TV dancing around from about 6 p.m. until about 8 p.m. from the urge to move. By 8:30 or 9 p.m. the urge to move is completely gone and I usually go to bed at about 9:15 or 9:30, get up briefly a couple of times to pee (I'm old with a big prostate, being a male comes with some disadvantages, LOL) during the night and sleep until about 6 in the morning. During the day I feel somewhat run down and tired, obviously sleep deprived due to lack of deep sleep.

I have been extremely persistent about not increasing my mirapex dose at any time, even during those days in which I have had an especially bad night or day, (every time one occurs I worry that I might be augmenting).

Each of these medicines has a definite function and it is noticeable if I leave off any one of them. If I leave off either of the Kratom or mirapex, I cannot sleep due to my legs jumping. If I leave off the THC I can lay down without my feet jumping but I don't go to sleep for a couple of hours. I lay there, awake, not anxious and not having thoughts of the day rushing through my mind, but just not going to sleep. If I leave off the Gabapentin, I sleep apparently fairly well during the night, but during the day am much grouchier and much much more tired than if I do take the gabapentin.
Blessings,
Holland

Rustsmith

Re: one year anniversary without re-augmenting

Post by Rustsmith »

Holland, congratulations on the anniversary. Your combo is not that much different from mine if you swap methadone for kratom, but my doses of THC and gabapentin are significantly different. Plus I have no idea how to covert our kratom dose to my minimum dose of methadone. Also, I think that I might be able to get away without my pramipexole, which is for my PLMS. But that is one experiment that I am not particularly interested in trying.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Do you know how long it took you to augment the first time, Holland?

I like to hear stories of people finding new ways to keep using the meds we have had so much trouble with.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

ViewsAskew wrote:Do you know how long it took you to augment the first time,

A little over a year.
Blessings,
Holland

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

stjohnh wrote:
ViewsAskew wrote:Do you know how long it took you to augment the first time,

A little over a year.

You are approaching your original timeline. Will be interesting to see how it works out. My original augmentation was about 7-10 days. I've now gone up to 45 days without issue. Am going to test 60 next. Ferritin, for me, was critical, as I never was on a high dose of the DA.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

yawny

Post by yawny »

Congratulations on your anniversary and resilience, Holland...I hope for a continuing steadiness.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Well done !!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Congratulations Holland. Your regime has been inspirational for me in working out my own. It is just over a year since I started my post-mirapex journey also. Maybe I will start a thread as have come up with a system which is working reasonably well for me too - though with the same proviso as you that I still feel less than 100% well rested during the day.
I hope your system continues to work well for you for many months/years to come. It does seem that remaining on a very low dose of dopamine agonist prolongs its pre-augmentation effectiveness.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Good news.