RLS and leg cramps

Use this forum to discuss any issues associated with Augmentation
stjohnh

Re: RLS and leg cramps

Post by stjohnh »

yawny wrote:
Speaking of putting things in brownies...do people add Kratom to them? ...

I haven't tried it, but kratom is very bitter. When I've tried marijuana Brownies I've always felt like the cannabis ruined perfectly good brownies. I think kratom Brownies would even be worse. I take my kratom by filling gelatin capsules.
Blessings,
Holland

yawny

Post by yawny »

Me too, Holland, I take Kratom in gelatin capsules and was unaware how bitter it is. I've never tried marijuana brownies specifically, just in a muffin type mix, but I'd imagine marijuana would ruin a good brownie. I have simple tastes...I like my chocolate to taste like chocolate throughout the entire pound of it.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

If you cook the weed in butter for awhile, then strain off the weed and bake with the butter, the brownies do not taste particularly of pot. I was at a party in college and someone had done them this way; I did not realize there were two plates of brownies - the ones with and the ones without. I ate a whole one with. Yikes I was high - for hours. I honestly did not taste it and think, gee, I shouldn't eat this unless I want to be stoned.

Nothing matches the bitterness of magic mushrooms, I do not think. No way to disguise it that I can remember...but my college experimental days were long ago, lol.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Can't imagine taking kratom in anything sweeter than grapefruit juice. I have finally re-established entry to my Amazon account and am going to order a capsule filler. Is there any particular brand that is recommended?

I add my evening canna-coco-butter to a spread made of pulped hazelnuts, cocoa and dates and eat it with a spoon. I have come to almost enjoy the two flavours together.

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

legsbestill wrote:Can't imagine taking kratom in anything sweeter than grapefruit juice. I have finally re-established entry to my Amazon account and am going to order a capsule filler. Is there any particular brand that is recommended?

The capsule fillers on Amazon are all fairly low rated. I use this one from mood and mind, it works well. A 00 capsule holds about 350 mg of Kratom.
https://www.moodandmind.com/the-capsule-machine-size-00
Blessings,
Holland

yawny

Post by yawny »

Holland, does your capsule filler waste a lot of product? I considered getting one but didn't because of this concern. Instead I MacGyver'd it with a straw, toothpick, rubberband, and a paper clip...ok, just a straw, that I cut in half to create a makeshift scoop. It's slow work but it works.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

yawny wrote:Holland, does your capsule filler waste a lot of product? I considered getting one but didn't because of this concern. Instead I MacGyver'd it with a straw, toothpick, rubberband, and a paper clip...ok, just a straw, that I cut in half to create a makeshift scoop. It's slow work but it works.

My patience was lost quickly with this method...I just make a bitter mash and deal with the flavor, lol!

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

yawny wrote:Holland, does your capsule filler waste a lot of product? ...

It doesn't waste any. Excess is just poured or scraped to the opening in the corner. Here is a 2 minute video on how it works.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xo92dGCt1Rc
Blessings,
Holland

yawny

Post by yawny »

ViewsAskew wrote:My patience was lost quickly with this method...I just make a bitter mash and deal with the flavor, lol!

Ann, the more I learn about you, the more I realize you're a lot tougher than I am (meant as a sincere compliment)! That mash would have to be rolled in chocolate and then embedded in a cheeseburger for me to get it down.

Holland, that video helped me understand...I'm getting a capsule filler pronto! Thanks

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

yawny wrote:
ViewsAskew wrote:My patience was lost quickly with this method...I just make a bitter mash and deal with the flavor, lol!

Ann, the more I learn about you, the more I realize you're a lot tougher than I am (meant as a sincere compliment)! That mash would have to be rolled in chocolate and then embedded in a cheeseburger for me to get it down.

I do add juice :-).

Not sure I am tougher - more likely I underestimate potential problems (how hard can it be is a favorite line) and am likely missing the sense that many people have not to put themselves in danger and do stupid things, lol.

Managing Your RLS

Grateful to God

Post by Grateful to God »

I'm up; it's 5:00am. Seems to be a combination of leg cramps and RLS waking me up. The RLS is more of an agitation than the leg cramps at the moment. Is this what life will be like now? .... or will it get worse?? so very weary..... I am now taking tramadol with only a half mg of mirapex with the eventual cutting out the Mirapex in a couple of weeks. Tramadol is helping but not all the time.

Grateful to God or "night writer". I am overall grateful to God but don't feel very content right now.

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Grateful to God wrote: I am overall grateful to God but don't feel very content right now.

I love the Lord, but I do fall down when trying "to rejoice in my suffering." Jesus seems far away when I am in chronic plainness or severely sleep deprived.
Blessings,
Holland

badnights

Post by badnights »

I'm up; it's 5:00am. Seems to be a combination of leg cramps and RLS waking me up. The RLS is more of an agitation than the leg cramps at the moment. Is this what life will be like now? .... or will it get worse?? so very weary.....
One thing I've learned is that it's pointless to speculate about the future, neither to assume it'll be bad or to assume it'll be good. Most likely the future will be something you could never have anticipated. Remember,if you can, that you will not necessarily have steadily worsening WED/RLS. Remission is actually quite common.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

badnights wrote:ne thing I've learned is that it's pointless to speculate about the future, neither to assume it'll be bad or to assume it'll be good. Most likely the future will be something you could never have anticipated. Remember,if you can, that you will not necessarily have steadily worsening WED/RLS. Remission is actually quite common.

A very welcome comment. So true for every aspect of life.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation