No reason

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
Debra

No reason

Post by Debra »

:D My Doc confirmed my RLS...but can`t tell me why...both my parents..and my sister suffer also..is that common or not? We have tried all types of home remedies..doctor suggestions..friends...nothing works..i`m more tha willing to listen to any and all advice,,please :wink:

Debra

info

Post by Debra »

:lol: my e-mail addy is dragonmist39@aol...and thank you for taking the time to answer...

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Debra, I hate to tell you you're not special :lol: , but between 5 and 15 out of 100 Americans have RLS! And it is genetic is many cases. So, it makes lots of sense that all of you have it. I come from several in my family that have it. My mom, sister, uncles, brother, etc. Each of us to a different degree - mine happens the most frequently and severely of us and my brother's the least freqent and least severe. Many other people here come from families of RLSers :x .

Hope you have found some more information by now, but in case you haven't, please try the following thread. It contains links to many other extremely informative posts by many members. It also has links to many other Websites that have excellent information.

http://www.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1068

Ann

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

I too come from whats called the primary (family) rls, mom, dad, me, grandma. I am severe jerking every 6 mins. I have been through 6 different medications and now on my 7th to try and relieve the jerking so I can get some sleep. But if it is bothering you quit a bit where your not feeling rested in the morning ect... then I would discuss with your doctor about having a sleep study done and types of medications to try and control it especially if the home remedies are not working.