RLS, PLMD, and Bipolar II

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
kahndee

RLS, PLMD, and Bipolar II

Post by kahndee »

I was wondering if anyone out there was suffering from PLMD and taking antidepressants. I am on prozac and wellbutrin and it seems to cancel out the clonazepam I'm taking. I'm also iron deficient and have been taking ferrous sulfate and vit c. Nothing seems to be helping.

Thanks.

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

I have plmd and take welbutrin also but it doesnt stop my other med from helping. Welbutrin is one of the good antidepressants that seem to not affect a rls'er however the prozac is one that can worsen rls. So maybe that is your problem drug. A good site to get info on the different treatments and drugs that are good or not is http://www.rlshelp.org

Good luck
Jan :roll: Can't wait to sleep!

waterloo2

PMLD

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all

What is pmld

gill

:cry:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Gill, it means periodic limb movement disorder. Look at the signature below my post and click on Managing Your RLS - this is a link. This will take you to a post that has lots of info. Take the time to read through the whole thread (there are several posts). One of the posts includes a "dictionary" of the terms we tend to use on her but don't often explain.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.