This is my first post - have had RLS for over 20 years

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
Pam

This is my first post - have had RLS for over 20 years

Post by Pam »

I have no idea how to use this board - but I think this is correct. My question to all fellow sufferers is do you know of triggers for an RLS episode. I believe caffeine is one, but mine are getting worse. I have taken Sinemet for years - it worked but they don't make it anymore; I then went to Mirapex; and now am taking Requip. I used to only get these episodes at night of course - but now I am getting them at work during the day - or on the bus doing home - it is maddening to try and explain it to someone, but I think I've found the right place. I would love to hear from you!
Many thanks, :?:
Pam[/b]

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Pam,

Welcome. I know that the board isn't very self-explanatory, but you got this posted so it worked. Special populations deals primarily with pregnancy, kidney failure, kids with RLS, etc. Since you are probably not in any of those situations, maybe your post would be better in the New to RLS or General Topics area. Some people might not come here to read a post, as they wouldn't think they could help you.

I can move it there for you if you want, or you can post it there yourself. Just let me know what you'd like to do.

Ann (one of the moderators)
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Sue J

I am new to posting, but not to RLS

Post by Sue J »

Hello,
I am new to posting on these boards,too. So I kinda feel like the girl hiding in the back of the room (behind the plant)...
I've had RLS for most of my life. I remember as a child having this "affliction"... Getting tired of it now.
I want to stay away from meds, so my old standby works most of the time, and that is a hot bath. I must go right to bed after for it to work.
Any other tricks out there?
Sue
Sue

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Sue, check out the non-pharm section. Special populations info is more about pregnancy, etc. Head to that section and browse through the posts. Start with the sticky post - I'm in the middle of writing all the things tried and how many people have posted about them.

For almost ALL treatments - pharma or non-pharma - it's very individual as to what works. Someone can write about something and no one else will have luck with it. A few things are more universal, but still don't work as effectively for some - or not at all for others. It truly is trial and error.

Welcome to the board - hope you find what you need here.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

this is my first post - have had rls for over 20 years

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Pam and Sue welcome to this board. Pam you said that you are having rls all of the time. It seems like you are augmenting (having rls anytime of the day or night).

Go to the forum New to RLS "Managing RLS" as there is alot of good info there. Mayo Clinic Algoriithm has an excellent article that would be worth printing out and bringing to your dr. The most important is try to educate yourself as much as possible before seeing a dr.

Pam and Sue it is good to read alot of the new and old posts as there is a fountain of knowledge out there. Sue, by reading these posts am sure will answer some of your questions too.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time