rls and reynauds

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
denise fahmie

rls and reynauds

Post by denise fahmie »

anyone else have cold hands and feet too? My fingers turn white with extreme sudden changes in temperature. when the blood flow finally returns there is extreme swelling throbbing and pain. I also experience this with my nose and ears which is accompanied by light sensitivity and headache. It's a big problem if i'm under flourecent lighting. flourecent lighting should be banned! it's the worst source of lighting ever. i find it tourturous

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Hi Denise

I can totally sympathise with your situation. Raynaud's runs in my family. I can't stand the frozen food section in the grocery store!!!

If you'd like more information there is a rather informative website you might want to have a look at:

http://www.raynauds.org/

I hate winter with a passion simply because I can't find a way to keep my fingers, toes, ears and nose warm enough ... yet on the flip side, i'm everyone's "best friend" in summer due to my rather chilly fingers and toes :roll:

When blood flow does return though it is my feet that cop it the most with them turning red and feeling like they're burning.

Take care of you!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

sap

Post by sap »

I have the same combination -- Raynauds and RLS. Miserable.

bamagirl

Post by bamagirl »

I have raynaud's as well. I was diagnosed in 1983 at the age of 16.
Meg

whyyesiamspecial

Post by whyyesiamspecial »

i've been using norvasc for my raynauds (and high blood pressure). works like a charm.
Everything I eat turns to sh*t.