preggers and RLS question

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
Fidgets

preggers and RLS question

Post by Fidgets »

I am about 23wks preggers and am concerned that aside from going nuts with RLS myself, that i am driving the baby nuts with all of my kicking and spasaming every night.

As movement seems to lull the rug rat to sleep (at least that I what i have read and I don't get kicked much when active) I am assuming that my night time wanderings, bike riding and antics are ensuring that its getting a good nights sleep???

On the other hand though, i am concerned that my constant fatigue and frustration (understatement) will affect the health of the baby.

Can anyone offer any thoughts?

Thanks.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Considering that up to 30% of pregnancies include RLS, it must not have too many side effects regarding the baby! You'd think it would, wouldn't you? My mom and two uncles were products of my grandmother who had the worst RLS possible during pregnancy. They seem OK :lol: .

Jamie, one of our regulars, had a really rough time last fall. She reported that all was well with the baby once the baby came.

It's you, most probably, that is the most affected. Babies are pretty good about taking what they need, even if it means taking a toll on mom. You are the one that is probably going crazy. At 23 weeks, it's not likely to get better until you deliver, but at least you're more than 1/2 way there!

Hang in there.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.