weird shoulder sensation

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
Fidgets

weird shoulder sensation

Post by Fidgets »

Couple of nights ago I had a totally different discomfort experience. My shoulder had this feeling of discomfort that I couldn't access. It was like I desperately wanted my shoulder to crack and twisted it everywhich way, but with no relief. My partner tried to massage it but he could never have got deep enough to get to the sensation. It was totally maddening. Is this familiar to anyone?

I also have a history of arthritis (tho not in shoulder). So I am wondering if this sounds like a RLS thing or if I should credit my arthritis with another joint to its name.

ur thoughts welcome.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Dear Fidgets,

It has been part of my RLS experience to have similar discomfort as you describe. So deep and untouchable that nothing seemed to reach it nor no amount of working with it would relieve the discomfort. Maddening! Frustrating! I attributed it to the RLS. Hazey
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

cindy

Post by cindy »

Fidgets,

This is my first visit to the site so I am a bit behind on the discussion end. I've had RLS for 35 years, since I was 12 years old. Mom said I had growing pains. Didn't get diagnosed till 2000, always thought I had some fatal disease and was alone. I too have had the pain go to my shoulders on very intense pain nights. I take Mirapex and have since 2000. One pill a day and very few incidents. When I do have them, I wonder what triggered them?

Wishing someone had said this to me a LONG time ago...

You're not alone,
Cindy