Correlation with breach birth?

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
mleeb

Correlation with breach birth?

Post by mleeb »

I have had rls as long as I can remember, and it was only recently that I realized I wasn't the only one. This may sound really stupid, but could rls have anything to do with being a breach baby? As a fetus, I apparently stayed upright most of the time because my toes never have laid down straight- they have always overlapped as if I had been crouching my entire formative time. Anyhoo, I always thought that because of this I was not able to get circulation for proper development and that is why my legs tingle. My husband has always referred to it as my 'Jimmy Legs.' It is nice to know I'm not alone-
Take care to all,
mb
:D

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Can't say I've ever heard of that being the cause. It's a problem in the brain with iron and dopamine uptake. It can also be brought on by many other diseases/conditions, however.

If you've had it since you were a child, it is probably hereditary, though no one in your family may talk about it or they may have mild cases.

It's nice to find out you're not alone, isn't it? I wish none of us had it, but at least we have each other.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.