pregnancy #2, rls?

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
lisa

pregnancy #2, rls?

Post by lisa »

I had extreme numbness in my legs (mostly the left leg) during my 1st preg. Now that I'm pregnant again both legs go numb, usually only one at a time. But the minute I sit up into a reclining position it goes away. I don't have the twitching but do have to rotate and move around often. My OB says it's just all the blood flow and circulation going on, but it happens every night, worse some nights. Could this be rls? I'm afraid soon I'll have to sleep in a reclining position for the rest of the preg. Have another dr apt this week and will see if i can take iron supplements. I'd like to stay away from meds if poss. Any advice?

ctravel12

pregnancy #2 rls

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Lisa. Go to the forum Non Pharm Therapies and there is a post for RLS and Pregnancy. I hope this helps you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Lisa,

This must be very uncomfortable - I'm so sorry you are going through this. I'm not sure I've seen any info about RLS and numbness, though. RLS doesn't create numbness - it is more a creepy, weird, painful, or otherwise uncomfortable sensation that you just have to get rid of - and moving makes it go away.

It is weird that it happens at night. Have you tried laying down during the day just to see if it happens then, too?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

if it hurts so bad ask your dr for some tylenol 3 or vicodin, i had to take that while i was pregnant all 3 times. it doesn't hurt the baby.

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945