Please post the number of PLMS you have. PLease!

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Lyndarae I also wake up between 3:30 and 4:00 am everymorning for the past few month or so and do not know why. I may got back to sleep and may not. Like this morning I woke up at 3:11 am and the only way that I can sometimes go back to sleep is by laying on my stomach with my pillow beneath me.

I have turned the clock so I could not see it and in the beginnng it helped but now I do not know. It is the weirdest thing ever I did have a sleep study and woke up frequently and do have a mild form of plmd. No it is not strange not looking at the clock to see what time it is but lately that has not even helped me so go figure.

Most of the time I am so exhausted as I am not getting a good sleep and that is miserable and know that you know that too.

Take care my friend and I hope that you are sleeping better.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

This may not be at all helpful....but Mirapex (quite awhile after I started taking it) caused that to happen for me. I'd wake up and couldn't go back to sleep for a long time. Over time, it became more and more frequent.

Of course, LOTs of things can cause this, including PLMs. Just throwing out one thing that I wasn't thinking about that caused mine.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Ann thanks for the input as I do take Mirapex but a very low dose .125mg in the evening. I do take half of the .125mg around 4 pm to stop any onset of rls but I still do not think it is too high. I have been taking Mirapex I believe roughly at least a year now and this sleep pattern did not start until about two months ago. I am so tired most of the time and sometimes do not have any energy to do anything and that is not like me. I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place. I also take clonazapem and was taking 1mg and decreased the dosage and now take just .5mg.

I know when I was on requip it did not do that to me but made so sick I could not see straight and also augmented really bad.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

hi
I know this isn't relevant cos it's not to do with meds, but I wake around 3.30 or 4.30 every night sometimes get back to sleep sometimes not
but like Charlene i have to sleep on my front , but i have to do it all the time , i keep my toes off the end of the bed and wriggle them til I go to sleep, even if I have rls or not. If I lie on my back or my side my rls always starts up. very strange

huggles
moonlight :?
sleep is not only a dream

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I also took a very small dose of the Mirapex...and the sleep disturbances didn't happen for at least a year or more of being on it. At first, it was so nice to sleep. And it always knocked me out. But, over time, I would wake up at, say, 8 AM, and couldn't go back to sleep, even though I'd only had 5-6 hours of sleep. I always felt awake, so I didn't complain.

Over time, the awakenings just happened more frequently. When they'd happen at 3 or 4 AM and I couldn't sleep for another 1/2 hour, it was quite annoying.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Baffledsilly

Re: Please post the number of PLMS you have. PLease!

Post by Baffledsilly »

My last sleep study they got me down to 26 "movements" an hour and waking up "only" 14 times an hour. They consider this mild WED/RLS if that helps at all.