Chat Room

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
waterloo2

Chat Room

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all

Its a pity that we dont have a Chat Room.

gill
(UK)
:o

eliza

Post by eliza »

Hi Gill,

There is a chat forum. :D Go to rls.org, then click on the blue "All About Restless Legs Syndrome." Click on the black "Communicate with others" box. Then click on the yellow box saying "Want to chat?" Choose a username, click on connect, and you're on. Perhaps someone could help with an easier way to get there - but this is the only way I could find.

Some people gather in the chat room Monday evenings. The neurontin did a number on my brain so I can't count anymore - so I couldn't begin to tell you what time it would be in the UK. All I know is it's around 7:30 p.m. Pacific Standard time.

Hope to see you there!
Eliza

ctravel12

chat room

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Eliza it is good to see you on the discussion board. The info on the chat line that you gave gill was good. We try and meet on Monday nights. I know that I am on pacific time now (Arizona) as we do not change time. We try to connect around 7:30 pm and hopefully is not too late for others. If so, we will work with you and let us know where you are at.

Eliza take care and will talk later. I am glad that all is good with you.

:) :) :)
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

waterloo2

Chat

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all

7.30 that is about erm 12.00 midnight not sure if
i will be up at that time who knows with these
legs.

Has anyone bruised themselves with it.

gill

:roll:

crazy

meds

Post by crazy »

I would like to know if anyone has found their right solution for meds. I am looking for a pain reliever to go with Mirapex.

ctravel12

chat room

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Crazy and welcome to this group. It is great to see you posting. I was chatting with you in the chat room tonight.

I also take Mirapex. I would check with your dr first to see about a pain med to take. Go to the forum New to RLS "Managing RLS" there is a good article from the Mayo Clinic Algorithm. It is definitely well worth reading. If you are able to, you may want to print it out and bring it to your dr.

Reading alot of the old and new post is good too as there is alot info. out there.

Another good site is www.rlshelp.org

I hope that this has been of some help to you.

Please let us know how you are doing and am glad that you found us, but sorry that you have rls. Like I said on the chat line, it is a wonderful support group. We are here for you and if you just want to talk, vent or whatever, please go ahead as we will listen to you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time