toddlers w/rls ? HELP

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
luvmyhawaiiboys3

toddlers w/rls ? HELP

Post by luvmyhawaiiboys3 »

Hi ,
I am new to this site. My 2 year old has had sleeping issues since he was born and I have read and tried everything, until recently I noticed his leg's moving uncontrollably when he was sleeping. My oldest always had "growing pains" so I am thinking this is hereditary. Any suggestions or feedback would be great.I am 2 years sleep deprived and so is he.
:?

[/list]

ctravel12

toddler with rls? help

Post by ctravel12 »

hi luvmyhawaiiboys3 and welcome to this board. I am so sorry that your little one is having this problem. What you are describing seems like he is having PLMD (period limb movement disorder) Have you seen a dr regarding this?

Oh the sleep deprevation is miserable and also for your little one.

I would suggest to read alot of the old and new posts as there may be something there that will answer your questions.

Plesase read New to RLS "Managing RLS" as there is an excellent article from the Mayo Clinic Algorithm. If you are seeing a dr, please print it out and present it to him/her.

Also another good site is www.rlshelp. org

I hope that this of some help to you.

Again, welcome and hope the support is of some help.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ctravel12

toddler w/rls? help

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi again luvmyhawaiiboys3 I was checking some of the posts and there is an excellent dr that you can e-mail to as I understand he answers them very quickly.

His name is Dr Mark Buchfuhrer and his e-mail address is
somno@earthlink.net

I am sure he can answer some your questions alot more than I can.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

luvmyhawaiiboys3

Post by luvmyhawaiiboys3 »

Charlene,
Thank you so much for your info. I will contact him . Last night was pretty bad. He woke at least 6 or7 times. Its so weird at one time they thought he had Reflux , it has just been a guessing game since he was born.

Thanks Again Charlene,
Teri

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Teri,

I think you've found the right place to get some information. . .and support :-).

The best thing to do is to read the posts in this section - there is a sticky post at the top and several older posts of what parents have done - I remember quite a bit of useful information. Next in order would be to buy Dr Buchfurer's book: REstless Legs Syndrome, co-written with Kushida and Hening. Between these, you'll have a great start on what to do.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.