Cant stand much more of thsi

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
waterloo2

Cant stand much more of thsi

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all

I cant stand much more of this any tips on
how to calm oneself im having a bad night
of it tonight this flipping weather you cant
get out much rain rain and more rain.

gill (UK)

KBear

Post by KBear »

Gill- I think you need a "tool kit" this is basically just a handful of bed time strategies that you try when the RLS symptoms start to act up. My tool kit includes: a hot epsom salt bath at bedtime, lotion on feet and legs, taking my nightly supplements, read a book or do sudoku puzzles etc. until I get good and tired.

Then if none of that works I will try to sleep in a different place, spare bedroom or couch, stand on cool ceramic tile, ice my legs. Lately the ice seems to be helping the most. Some people find heating pads or hot water bottles to be more comforting.
Kathy

Link to the Mayo Clinic Algorithm:

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/pd ... 907Crc.pdf

lizbestill

Hysterectomy

Post by lizbestill »

I was talking about this problem-rls- with my ob and she has suggested that I look into having a hysterectomy to help with my anemia. Has anyone else had this done? Also does anyone else get the sensation that there's a bug crawling on your skin -that little tingly feeling? I get that all the time on my legs and there's nothing there, it drives me crazy/crazier!!Elizabeth

ctravel12

can't stand much more of thsi

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Elizabeth I just read your post and saw the time that you were on the computer. I really hope that the dr can give you something that will calm your legs down and also able to get some sleep.

If I was up then I would be more than happy to chat with you. Like I said as far as the chat line, we do get on Monday nights at 8 pm my time (Arizona) and if you are able to would love to chat with you.

I am sending good thoughts your way and hope that you have a restful weekend
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I've been considering the uterine ablation procedure for a couple years. I even went through all the preliminary testing about a year ago. The ablation is done by a probe or a hot balloon, and it seers the blood vessels in the uterus. It's an outpatient procedure with about a 1 day recovery period. I believe it doesn't work if there are fibroids, though. Then the hysterectomy is preferred, I think...

Now that I'm needing the iron infusions, I'm thinking about it even more seriously. I should just call and schedule it after our vacation. :?
Susan