Dialysis and RLS

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
dianakw86

Dialysis and RLS

Post by dianakw86 »

Is anybody who reads these posts on here have kidney disease and are on dialysis? If yes, I would like to hear from you as I suffer from RLS worse now that I am on dialysis. I had RLS before my kidneys failed (2years ago) and now its to the 10th power. yikes. My doctors think Im faking it because I have a history of drug abuse so they dont want to prescribe me the meds that actually work. Tried all the parkinsons ones and BLEH sick. It would be nice to know if anyone out there is on dialysis too........ :?:
~D_fromthebay

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi D - I don't have it, but it's commonly accepted among ALL doctors specializing in RLS that dialysis makes it much, much worse. I just can't believe they would put you in that position. Somedays I don't have feel very positive toward our medical community. . .

Welcome. I hope you can find some info here. I don't think we have any active members on dialysis, but the rest of us at least understand the RLS part.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.