Kicking while awake?

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
kfletcher@neb.rr.com

jesterfest youtube

Post by kfletcher@neb.rr.com »

Jesterfest, Thank you so much for your video. It looks exactly like what I go through. I felt almost sick at watching it because I had such empathy!
I do this for hours before (sometimes) falling asleep. I have suffered like this for over 18 years. It has affected my health and my life very severely. With also having fibromyalgia it also makes for a lot of pain in my legs and butt! My husband and I have not slept in the same bed for at least 10 years. It also affects me many times in the daytime. Can't go to movies, always have to leave a number of times during the movie. My goodness this sounds so like a pity me party! Wondering if it has affected your life so severely also? Again, thank you for your openeness. Karen

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

That video is crazy! I had involuntary leg and arm movements before I got put on Klonopin, but mine wasn't like that. Mine was an all out kick and was about every 20 minutes. I sleep on my back with my hands on my chest, slightly folded, and I have actually punched/slapped myself in the jaw from the movement.

happyfeet

Post by happyfeet »

See! That was my problem too: leg or legs kicking with pain and frustration, keeping me from falling asleep. UGH!

I said that was my problem. So far the .50m of requip has subdued 30 years of dealing with this nocturnal nightmare. However, if I feel sleepy during the day, that RLS interferes with any napping. Oh well
Anything I write down is my own opinion and not to be taken seriously. Just ask my husband.