New baby, new legs ;)

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
Sezzy

New baby, new legs ;)

Post by Sezzy »

Hi there,

Just wanted to let you all know I had my baby, a boy, on December ninth, at 12.55pm at home attended by husband, midwife, daughter and doula. His name is Ozdoghan Errol Ismail but you can call him Ozzy :) He was 4.2 kg (over nine pounds).

As a result, my RLS has reduced to an occasional annoyance. I still get the tightness and soreness particularly in the right leg which can disturb my nights but nothing like the electrifying awakedness of RLS.

I also now have pain and tightness in the injection sites from my iron shots which can bother me at night. I was warned about this by a friend who has sore spots almost three years later. For the small benefit I got from the shots I would say it's not worth it. For the last six weeks of my pregnancy I didn't have the shots, I just drank good old Floradix and my ferritin went up from 27 to 41 after the birth. I have read that some of the iron from the shots absorbs after a few weeks so it could be that too, plus a natural rise in the 3rd trimester.

Aaanyway this was not meant to be a rave about ferritin...

I want to thank rls.org for being there when I was suffering, especially Susan and Charlene; thankyou :)

I want also to offer prayers for those currently suffering, that you may find relief, or at least some support and empathy here on the boards.

Thanks again and God bless you all,

Sarah
Sleepless Down Under

diannekay

Post by diannekay »

Hi Sarah,

Congratulations! What a wonderful present for the holidays.
I have a new grandson, born Dec. 3. There is nothing sweeter than a new baby.
I take iron by IV. Would that be better for you?

Dianne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

How wonderful, Sarah. A lovely baby, renewed ferritin, and greatly lessened RLS. Who said life wasn't good?

Come by anytime....RLS or not.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Congratulations Sarah. I'm so glad little Ozzy is doing well and you're feeling a bit better. Hopefully your RLS will stay at a low level, or none at all, for many years because with 3 kids you'll need the rest when you can get it.

Blessings to you!
Susan

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

S, Congratulations and welcome Ozzy. What a neat name. Is there a story behind it? Best Wishes.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Sarah congratuations on your baby boy "Ozzie" and am glad that you are doing good. I am glad that I was there for you and wll continue to do so. Please keep us posted on how and your "little one" is doing.

I am glad that you found us and was able to be of some help.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time