Severe rls before pregnancy

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
myasmom

Severe rls before pregnancy

Post by myasmom »

I was just wondering if any of us had severe Rls before they were pregnant? I want to have another child so bad but am afraid of the legs. I am currently on meds (cocktail). Has anyones DR worked with them on the issue, and if so what meds if any were safely used. I am new here but have been reading the posts on this site for over a year. Thanks

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Many people have had a very rough time. If you search on the word pregnant, you'll find some very heartbreaking posts. But, many others are fine, even if they have RLS. There doesn't seem to be a way to know. There are some guides to RLS and pregnancy on the Foundation's site - I think there are links to them in the "sticky" post at the top of the page. Those can help you help your doctor. It's often dificult as well, though, as the drugs you can use are all opioids. (If you need drugs.)

Hope that some moms respond.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.