Limb Movements While Awake

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
sleepdancer

Limb Movements While Awake

Post by sleepdancer »

Hi. I too deal with RLS and PLMD. My limb movements developed odd behaviors with wild flailing, and for a few years I had movements while awake, but once I went of the higher doses of Mirapex they went back to being just during sleep. After a few years on Requip, they were starting to get worse again, so I weaned off it. Not on any meds now - depending on a TENS Unit for relief. Did your movements while awake start before on any meds?

sleepdancer

Wrong Place Message

Post by sleepdancer »

Must have done something wrong. Thsi was supposed to be in reply to jesterman.

sleepdancer

One more time

Post by sleepdancer »

I'd better go to bed. LOL Make that Jesterfest.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I had the same thing happen as you. I believe that it's a sign of augmentation on the dopamine agonists. That's not to say that you can't have them while waking - you can. But, it's when they get crazy with a dopamine agonist and go away when you stop it that they're likely medication induced.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.