I think I have RLS... Please help!

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
CollMills

I think I have RLS... Please help!

Post by CollMills »

:( I think I may have RLS but I am not sure. I am hoping that someone out there can help me out. The problems started during my pregnancy at the age of 16 and I have suffered through 2 more pregnancy's since then. I am 29 years old now. My symptoms include numbness in my legs, hands and face (once in awhile), jerky hands to where I have felt like I have no control over movements in my hands and arms. I have actually thrown water in my own face. :? Both of my legs get restless. Usually only when I am trying to relax or sleep. It seems that if I rub my foot in a certain spot it relieves the restlessness somewhat but as soon as I stop they act up again. I have also had some dizzy spells. I have been through CAT scans and the dr's say there is nothing wrong. I just need to find out what is wrong so that I can deal with it. Please let me know if anyone out there seems to think that RLS maybe the issue so that I can ask my dr. This is actually the first time I have ever heard of RLS. Thanks!

squirmy

Post by squirmy »

Sounds like you might have RLS... symptoms and decriptions vary greatly. You should see a neurologist for a diagnosis. My rheumatologist was very familiar with RLS, but from what I have heard most general docs, and even rhemy's aren't. Good luck to you, Tina
RLS, SLE (Lupus) and Asthma