RLS, Pregnancy, Mirapex, Ambien, Neurontin (SP?), Codeine...

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's probably because it's late Em. . .where is the reference to making it worse? I haven't seen that. My guess is that just like everything else, there is literally nothing that works for everyone, and some of us react to things that few other people react to. I have not read anywhere that sleep med (except OTC ones) worsen RLS.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Anonymous

Re: Ambien

Post by Anonymous »

Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thanks for pointing it out - my jet-lagged, tired brain couldn't figure it out :oops: .

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

kfletcher@neb.rr.com

compression stockings

Post by kfletcher@neb.rr.com »

I tried the stockings but could only stand them a very short time. They hurt (maybe because of my fibromyalgia) but also felt like my legs were in restraints which made the "feeling" very bad. Karen

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Hi Karen. Some people love support stockings; some people hate them. You'll find more of a discussion of them in the "Non-Pharm" section of the message board.

I hope you find something that works for you. We do have a couple other "fibromites" around here. You'll probably meet up with them if you stick around. I have the diagnosis in my charts, but I'm more of a chronic fatigue patient.
Susan

kfletcher@neb.rr.com

Susan, There are nights when I can't even stand having a sheet touch me so that must be why the stockings don't work for me, huh?

RE: restless legs, I say if it wasn't for my jumpy, squirming nights, I would not get any exercise..........ha ha ha ha ha

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oh, am I with you! I hate for just about anything to touch my legs. It's so horrid and immediately makes my legs worse. I shudder just thinking about it, yet it is so helpful to so many. An amazing disorder, this is.

Managing Your RLS

kfletcher@neb.rr.com

stockings

Viewsaskew: I had always blamed my fibromyalgia for my skin being so tender .................maybe it is the rls, huh? Since I have a number of situations, I am never sure what is causing the rls.....low back surgery, fibromyalgia or diabetes. Thing is, I had restless legs for years before any of the others. Do you have other health situations? Karen

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I do not have any that are diagnosed. My skin has always been this way, even when the RLS was merely a minor annoyance once or twice a month. Over time, it's become more tender. I get deep muscle pain in certain areas, but have no idea if it's part of RLS, part of not sleeping well, or is something else entirely. It does seem to go away when I sleep better, so I tend to think it's related to sleeping deeply.

My mom and sister are the same way (hate the skin being touched) and both have occasional RLS and no other problems.

Managing Your RLS

kfletcher@neb.rr.com

like torture

I just want to say that if there were some way to give RLS to prisoners of war, we would get ALL their information in one night ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi

Been reading through this thread, before doing so I thought I was a bit strange and just being irritable ,but it seems not.

As , during the day also but mostly at night I find the touch of clothes and covers and physically being touched unbearable to the stage I jerk about like crazy cos the feelings are like hundreds of electric shoks hitting my body and putting me into a panic.

It is a horrible horrible feeling and usually comes just before the RLS starts, at this point I can't stop it happening, I have it at the moment and its 7.25 in the morning so it's going to be a difficult day, guess I wont be sitting around for long today.I'm wondering if I take the codeine if it will help this....don't know....not sure whether to try as I want to use it at night only.

well I'm off to do the ironing

huggles
moonlight :P
sleep is not only a dream

kfletcher@neb.rr.com

Moonlight, I just really feel sad for you. It is bad enough to have this at night let alone all day too. It is so hard to want to sleep but have to keep moving, isn't it?

I also have fibromyalgia, but it is the restless legs that have been at the forefront of my declinging health. This is certainly a strange thing, huh? :? :?

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi Karen

Yes I have had a on the go all day say and I'm sorry to say an on the go all night night ( but I was sleep and unaware till hubby woke me he couldn't stand any more of it) :cry:
I have taken codeine and going back to be to hopefully sleep
I hate this disease cos on-one really understands unless they too suffer from it.
Oh it's daylight now...LOL...one good thing about having to get up is that my kitten is just so so so affectonate and pleased to see me. :P
I hope you get some relief as well

take care

huggles
moonlight :)
sleep is not only a dream

kfletcher@neb.rr.com

Moonlight, this is so good to talk to someone who really understands what it is like.............although it means others suffer too.......and I really would not wish this on anybody !! I liked seeing the youtube video but you still can't explain HOW it FEELS. I just cannot explain that can you??

I really pray you get a break soon, hopefully before you get this response. Karen