RLS and blood flow problems

RLS occurs more frequently in certain populations, including people with end-stage renal disease, women during pregnancy, and people with iron deficiency. Also, RLS/WED in the elderly and children brings other challenges. Sharing your experiences may be extraordinarily helpful to others.
squirmy

RLS and blood flow problems

Post by squirmy »

I have Lupus and RLS and know that many Fibro people also have RLS. I got some new blood test that showed anti-phospholipid antibody syndrome, a clotting disorder and a brain MRI showed hard plaque restricting blood flow to the brain causing my migraines and cognitive dysfunction (confusion). I have learned here that RLS may be associated with a lack of iron to the brain, and I thought it was interesting that these new diagnosis' are causing a restriction of blood flow. I'm new to all this, but thought for some of you RLS'ers, that it might be possible that other blood flow problems may be present, especially if RLS came on suddenly. Tina
RLS, SLE (Lupus) and Asthma

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Tina, what does this new diagnosis mean to you? I mean in terms of your treatment - can they do something to help these problems?

It is interesting - makes a strong case for secondary RLS or primary RLS with an additional mitigating factor - ugh. But if they can treat the blood flow issue, maybe it will really help the RLS.

Hope all is well with you.

Ann

squirmy

Post by squirmy »

Ann, the doc said to take a 325 mg. aspirin a day and another MRI is to be done in one year. Tina
RLS, SLE (Lupus) and Asthma