Oxycodone

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Brynmr

Re: Oxycodone

Post by Brynmr »

debbluebird wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:06 pm
Oxy never worked for me if I took it more than a couple of days. My RLS would be worse. It was 5 mg
It's astonishing how different some of us are in our reactions to drugs.

Brynmr

Post by Brynmr »

ViewsAskew wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:21 pm
Brynmr wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:57 pm
ViewsAskew wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 pm

I have to take methadone approximately 7-8 hours before I want to be asleep (and I can STILL fight sleep even then). I usually take it by 5 PM to have any hope of getting to sleep by 12 to 1 AM. I took it at 6 PM last night and had to force myself to get in bed at 1:30 - and didn't go to sleep until after 2 AM.

My WED/RLS doc - who sees hundreds of us - even told me to take it later. I did it just so I could show him how horrible it was. After a week he told me to do what I usually do. LOL.
That's terrible if you have to get up and go to work in the morning. I don't mind it because I'm retired and don't have to get up at any given time. Of course my oxy dose is low (5mg) so in 3 hours I'm sleeping. Guess I'm fortunate in that.
Not all of us have the alerting thing. And it does seem worse with the longer acting/half-life opioids.
I wonder if the gabapentin I'm taking counters the alerting thing. I mean I could, and sometimes do go to sleep at 1:00 am. It's mostly I like doing things like painting or watching Netflix (with Beezie on my lap) til the wee hours of the morning. Have you tried gabapentin?

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Not everyone experiences opioid alerting. I take methadone and gabapentin. The methadone causes alerting so I take it at lunchtime and then take the gabapentin at bedtime. By taking methadone at lunch, my alerting symptoms are gone by bedtime.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Brynmr wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 4:18 am
ViewsAskew wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:21 pm
Brynmr wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:57 pm

That's terrible if you have to get up and go to work in the morning. I don't mind it because I'm retired and don't have to get up at any given time. Of course my oxy dose is low (5mg) so in 3 hours I'm sleeping. Guess I'm fortunate in that.
Not all of us have the alerting thing. And it does seem worse with the longer acting/half-life opioids.
I wonder if the gabapentin I'm taking counters the alerting thing. I mean I could, and sometimes do go to sleep at 1:00 am. It's mostly I like doing things like painting or watching Netflix (with Beezie on my lap) til the wee hours of the morning. Have you tried gabapentin?
It did for me. But, it doesn't do well with the small bit of pramipexole I take. It makes for very weird and fractured sleep.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.