Hi, new here - Hydrocodone for treating RLS, advice wanted

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hey, Beanie! Long time no see. Glad to see you back.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

BeanieLee

Post by BeanieLee »

(Thanks Views! Hope you're doing well)

Glad you said that Zach - this is a good opportunity to ask - if anyone knows of any good articles that would be handy to bring in to a doctor or any good snippets or sources or anything, please provide links or pastes of stuff that could be helpful. We should pool all the info we have so that we can all share in the knowledge.

I'm going to a legit doctor tomorrow for the first time after waiting over two years with no health insurance, to see a regular doctor to maybe check my iron and do a sonogram on my legs to see if there's a culprit besides just RLS, and seek treatment either way. I'm excited and nervous. My podiatrist has been giving me the opiates and Lyrica that help but i"m afraid a new doctor won't be as compassionate. Wish me luck!! Fortunately because of groups like this and the RLS foundation, I at least have some useful info to bring with me
The light of a good character surpasseth the light of the sun

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

One of the reasons we created the "sticky" posts was to compile resources that can be printed and taken to the docs. I'd start there - see if those links in the Managing RLS sticky are what you need.

Good luck with the doctor.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

BeanieLee

Post by BeanieLee »

Awesome. Thanks Ann.
The light of a good character surpasseth the light of the sun