Hate the downs of the ups and downs

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Firefly, maybe the situations you were in before are coloring how you're interpreting things. Like Susan, I have not read one response where someone was rubbed the wrong way.

If you can, trust us...and trust yourself - if possible, try not to imagine or assume that anyone will be upset here. If we're upset, we might say so, but we usually handle it nicely.
Last edited by ViewsAskew on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Firefly: I have not seen a post where anyone has been offended at anything you have said.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

firefly don't go away. You have a lot to say, a lot to contribute, and a need to be heard and if possible to get and give advice. I'll make a deal with you: if anything you say offends me, I'll tell you directly, and your part of the deal is that you can't apologize unless I've told you you've offended me. How does that sound? :D

rlsfirefly

Post by rlsfirefly »

Susan, that is an interesting idea and one I will have to think about. Am I expecting you to react to me in a certain way? I do know from past experience that what one types and what one wants to convey are often two different things. I will try not to be so close-minded. It just felt like I was put in my place a couple of times so I will try very hard not to jump to conclusions again.

Beth, you are my kind of person! I will take that deal gladly. I think maybe I have just been waiting for someone to say just what you did, "Don't go away." Guess I feel the need to be wanted more than I thought!

I will do my best to listen and learn because I know there are lots of people and experiences here to learn from. Thanks!
Firefly

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Glad that Beth and Susan helped.

If I'm reading things correctly from prior posts, you felt put in your place by me - twice. Hopefully it's just a breaking in period where we learn how each of us communicates.

I tend to be relatively straight-forward. I try to read between the lines and sometimes miss the intent - it's much easier in person, as you intimated. I think we've all experience the, "I meant to communicate this, how come they all thought that????"

Same things applies to me as to Beth.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

we're all going to be good

rlsfirefly

Post by rlsfirefly »

Anne, didnt mean to leave you out because you are probably right--I'm letting past experiences bleed over to here. Let's start over and I will do better, ok?
Firefly

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I wasn't (and am not) the least bit offended and agree completely.

Do over, as we used to say in four-square on the playground (now, if that doesn't date me....)

Managing Your RLS

rlsfirefly

Post by rlsfirefly »

Guess it does me too as I knew exactly what you meant!
Firefly

badnights

Post by badnights »

Must have nothing to do with age, I'm probably closer to Ann than to Zach and I have no clue!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Maybe a US thing?

Foursquare is a game played on school playgrounds - or probably WAS played. You had four squares and a soft, largish ball. You threw it in another square and they had to do something with it. I can't remember what.

I just remember that we'd say, "DO OVER" when we'd serve the ball and it would go out of bounds. You'd get one do over per serve or something like that.

Managing Your RLS

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Never heard of it before (here in UK)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Our foursquares were on the playground, outside, and smaller than the one in the picture on Wikipedia. Probably because it was a grade school and we were small people :-).

Managing Your RLS

Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

ViewsAskew wrote:....." While I am at the high end of dosages for opioids for RLS, this is very little compared with how much is prescribed for pain. People on methadone for heroin replacement take 100 to 200 mg a day in some cases. I take 20. "....

Hi Ann.....Since I can no longer take D.A.'s , have been without any successful treatment for almost a year and am at my wits end, my doctor is asking me to try methadone. Have you had any side effects and are you taking it in combination with anything else at night for your RLS? Thanks.
Kimberly