Abilify

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
rthom

Re: Abilify

Post by rthom »

Very good news, i'm glad it's working well for you. Thanks for the update it's very interesting. Let us know how it goes. :-)

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Wonderful progress, well done.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

jittery girl

Post by jittery girl »

Don't be afraid of taking a drug suggested by your M.D. because it is not approved for RLS. Many, many drugs are used "off label" for everything from cancer to HIV to arthritis to RLS. You are going to have to experiment. The major them I keep hearing is the opiates work. You don't have to go straight to methadone. Try Tramadol/Ultram. It has has seriously saved my life. The thing to keep in mind with Methadone, it is used to get people off heroin!
"Life is a process. Your participation is required."

badnights

Post by badnights »

agreed there are lots of different opioids available, but what you end up taking probably will have more to do with what your doctor is comfortable with than with what you think. Methadone is never the first one suggested, and is never ever suggested by many physicians.

I'm not sure why you suggest we keep in mind that methadone is used to get people off heroin? I don't see a connection? unless you just mean that it's really strong.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.