IV Iron infusions

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
mapleleaf

Re: IV Iron infusions

Post by mapleleaf »

I only know my feritin was 34 which was done 2 weeks ago ... I will be seeing Dr. P. At the end of the month and as about the transferritin....

badnights

Post by badnights »

Ya, that';s pretty low. The only way for me to get low enough for them to approve a transfusion is to stop taking iron for a few months. I'm not doing that. I would lose the quality of life I so recently regained.

Keep us posted about your progress in this treatment!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

mapleleaf

Post by mapleleaf »

I totally understand about not wanting to change what you are doing right now with your treatment ....I think this disease is so individualized and each one of us tweaks a med to what fits our needs and if what you are doing works then don't change it...and yes I will keep posting my journey ... stay healthy and carry on!