Relief of my RLS with Voltaren gel

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
barrybush

Relief of my RLS with Voltaren gel

Postby barrybush » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:20 pm

I have had RLS for about 7 years. The Requip never seemed to help. I had not had a good nights sleep in 7 years. In fact, I rarely got more than 4 hours sleep each night. Two weeks ago my Rls got unbearable. I started trying massaging my legs with Voltaren gel which is a prescription for arthritis. I got 100% relief. It was incredible. I slept undisturbed all night. So for the last two weeks I have been massaging a small amount of the Voltaren gel into the back and sides of my legs , also I have rubbed my arms which bother me from time to time with RLS. I have read the medical facts on Voltaren gel. I have not had any side effects. I realize that two weeks is not enough time to tell but I get absolutely 100% relief. Just wanted to pass this along to you.

Polar Bear

Re: Relief of my RLS with Voltaren gel

Postby Polar Bear » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:22 pm

I have this in the house and would use it sometimes for my hands.
Voltaren contains Diclofenac, I have Voltarol which is basically the same thing. This is something to bear in mind.

Note - They are NSAIDs, shouldn't be used by anyone with asthma.
Betty
http://www.willis-ekbom.org/about-rls-wed/publications
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:59 am

I hope it continues to work. I have to wonder if you may have neuropathy along with with RLS and this helps it. It can be so hard to tell them apart - we get people who are misdiagnosed every so often. I say that because ropinerole/Requip works for almost everyone. That it doesn't help makes me wonder....

Whatever you have, so happy it is gone, at least for now.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

leggo_my_legs

Postby leggo_my_legs » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:51 am

I like any post that begins with Relief of My RLS! :)

Return to “Prescription Medications”