Opioid Study at Massachussets General

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Rustsmith

Opioid Study at Massachussets General

Postby Rustsmith » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:07 am

Dr Winkelman at Massachusetts General Hospital has started a new observational study whose goal is to collect data about individuals with RLS who are using (or are planning to use) opioids to manage their RLS. The goal of this study is to be able to develop a position that can be used to counter the the current climate of increasingly strict regulation of these medications.

If you are interested in finding out more about what is involved, please check the study website at: http://www.massgeneral.org/rls-registry/.
Steve

Augmentation Evaluation http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9005

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Re: Opioid Study at Massachussets General

Postby ViewsAskew » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:44 pm

Great news, isn't it????
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rustsmith

Postby Rustsmith » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:17 pm

It's a start. Of course the question is how long it will take to provide sufficient results. But without it, there is nothing to start the pendulum back in the other direction.
Steve

Augmentation Evaluation http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9005

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:23 pm

Exactly.

Managing Your RLS

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:02 pm

UPDATE: I contacted them, they me, and we had an intake interview last week. The study researcher - Julia, if I remember correctly - was very nice, steady, and handled the interview well. I realize it will take a LONG time to complete (5 years), but it gives me hope that one day we will look back at this and be grateful it is over.

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Postby Polar Bear » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:33 am

Well done Ann.
Betty
http://www.willis-ekbom.org/about-rls-wed/publications
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Postby badnights » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:03 pm

They are accepting Canadians into the study, because of the unexpectedly strong response from Canada. I will have my interview in early January.
Beth - Wishing you all restful sleep tonight
WED/RLS AUGMENTATION:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6532&p=61601#p61601
Discussion Board Moderator's posts don't reflect the RLS Foundation's opinion & are not medical advice

lhoff12085

Postby lhoff12085 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:09 pm

I'm having my interview on March 15th....

badnights

Postby badnights » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:32 pm

Congratulations! If it's Julia who interviews you, she's really nice.
Beth - Wishing you all restful sleep tonight
WED/RLS AUGMENTATION:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6532&p=61601#p61601
Discussion Board Moderator's posts don't reflect the RLS Foundation's opinion & are not medical advice

Joanie60

Postby Joanie60 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:56 am

I did the interview as well in December 2017, Looking forward to watching the progress of this study!

Return to “Prescription Medications”