What's working for me

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
kk46504

What's working for me

Post by kk46504 »

Hello all,

I'm new here and recently diagnosed after 3 years of doctors not knowing whats wrong with me. My RLS manifests as intense itching starting in my legs and feet, and moving up my body. It often feels like electric sparks.
Anyways, what I'm doing right now seems to be working. 1 mg of Requip at 8pm, then a super hot shower, then 600 mg of Gabapentin and a dose of melatonin, then in bed by 10pm. Also for some reason keeping a humidifier running at night works too. I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but I thought I'd share. Talking about what works is more productive than me complaining about my symptoms to anyone who will listen. :)

ViewsAskew

Re: What's working for me

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sharing is always great - never know when something we share will impact someone else. In fact, we often never do know, but from my experiences here, it happens frequently. So, thanks!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Re: What's working for me

Post by badnights »

Your itching is deep, is that right?

The humidifier is interesting. there has been some recent work that suggests a link between RLS/WED symptoms and muscle hypoxia (low oxygen in the muscles). I wonder if the humidifier helps because breathing is easier in moistened air, so more oxygen gets to the muscles. Or am I just waving my arms about wildly in the air? :D

Did you start at 1 mg or work your way up to that? Have you had your ferritin levels tested?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.