Dipyridamole

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
stjohnh

Re: Dipyridamole

Post by stjohnh »

Paul,
I am here but generally not posting. I have developed MCI (Mild Cognitive Impairment) and so don't want to give bad advice.
The best recommendation I have is to see if you can get IV Iron, preferably Injectafer, if you haven't.
If you want to go the dipyridamole route, you will need a prescription. You will need to find a doctor who is open minded about research. Take the doc the articles supporting dipyridamole, and you need to reassure the doc that you understand this is an experimental use, that you understand you may get no benefit at all, and you also understand their may be unknown side effects. Problems are unlikely, but you need to reassure the doc that you understand the risks and won't hold the doc responsible if there is a problem.
Good Luck.
Blessings,
Holland
Blessings,
Holland

srgraves01

Post by srgraves01 »

I take 600 mg gabapentin on most nights. But I found that when I take it early on I don't seem to notice any benefit. I now take it around 2AM or 3AM if I am having difficulty and it seems to be helpful most of the time.
Steve

Dr.Placebo

Post by Dr.Placebo »

Oops, sorry, I'm inexperienced with online forums and didn't see there are lots more pages after the first. Please disregard above.
Paul

badnights

Post by badnights »

Dr.Placebo wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:07 pm
Oops, sorry, I'm inexperienced with online forums and didn't see there are lots more pages after the first. Please disregard above.
Heck I've been on here for years and I still do that sometimes! No worries, couldn't even tell you hadn't read the whole thing 8)
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Oozz

Post by Oozz »

I’ve restarted this drug as I’m tapering off opioids. Right now I’m taking 5 mg methadone, .125 mirapex, 75 mg dipiridiyamole. The dipiridiyamole definitely makes you feel better the next day, it completely eliminates the daytime fatigue - to the point where I’m not at all tired after less than 4 hours of sleep over 48 hours. With that said, even at this level, it is causing severe insomnia. It does seem to work for the RLS but the half-life is short.

Reviewing some of the initial posts of this thread, i agree that there is significant variability when combining this drug with others; more is less seems to be the case.

Lissa496

Post by Lissa496 »

Hi all,
Just wondering if you are still taking Dipyridamole or restarted it and if it is working? @Dr.Placebo @Icantsleep @stjohnh