Dipyridamole

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
stjohnh

Re: Dipyridamole

Post by stjohnh »

Legs, I augmented on mirapex and then on neupro as well. After a washout and receptor reset spell I was able to restart mirapex and stay on a low dose for a couple of years until I recently switched over to the dipyridamole
Blessings,
Holland

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

To be clear, when I augmented on mirapex I was not taking other meds. When I restarted the low-dose mirapex I was able to get tolerable relief only with the addition of Kratom, Gabapentin, and THC
Blessings,
Holland

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

It’s encouraging to hear that you have managed to continue taking mirapexin for so long without augmenting given your history - so similar to my own.

I have taken .044 mirapexin the last two nights, together with 125mg pregabalin and 300mg dipyridamole Friday and 275mg last night. Both nights I got wonderful sleep.

It’s hard to know, though, whether I would have got the good sleep from pramipexole alone - it is a while since I last took a dopamine agonist and I assume that my receptors have reset themselves. When I first started taking pramipexole, years ago, I initially got relief taking a dose of .044. Annoyingly, I reckon the only way to know would be to cut down on the dipyridamole again. It is starting to feel like an endless merrigoround of drug experimentation.

Given that I am returning to work tomorrow and need some sleep, I think I will continue with .044 mirapexin the next few days and make minor reductions in dipyridamole until I notice a disimprovement in coverage.

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

I'm glad you got some sleep.
Blessings,
Holland

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Thank you. I hope for as much for you.

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

I am entering week 8 of my dipyradimole experiment. I am taking 275/300mg per night. I take 200mg slow release at about 7.30/8.00 pm together with 100mg pregabalin. I have been taking .044mg pramipexole at the same time over the last week. At about 10pm I take a further 76/100mg dipyridamole and 25mg pregabalin.

Most nights I have a reasonable sleep although usually am woken up once with mild symptoms. Last night I took 300mg dipyridamole (the first time I have taken that much since starting the pramipexole) and I slept soundly all night.

I would like to eliminate lyrica (pregabalin) but I think reducing this drug caused strongly exacerbated symptoms so want to get other quantities settled down first.

I do also wonder if it is solely the pramipexole that has caused improved symptoms - it is possible I would have had this improvement having resumed pramipexole even if I was taking no dipyridamole. To reduce risks of augmentation and test this theory I am planning to have a few nights without pramipexole. Once I have pinned down the role of pramipexole, I intend to try reducing dipyridamole to test how much of a role it plays.

I will post outcomes.

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Tonight I am not taking pramipexole. I was curious to see what my symptoms are. I have had very troublesome urge to move symptoms for nearly two hours. However, they are sort of muffled. They do not permit sleep but they are not nearly so horrible as usual - the awful crawly sensation is absent. I am pretty sure this is because of the dipyridamole (I took 325 mg tonight). It could be the pregabalin (still at 125mg) but I don’t think so.

I am going to have another pramioexole free night tomorrow and then I will reintroduce it and then ive

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Pressed submit by accident. Have taken a teaspoon of Kratom now to try to get some sleep. Once I reintroduce prami am going to start reducing lyrica. The intention is to eliminate that next.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I have had very troublesome urge to move symptoms for nearly two hours.....................the awful crawly sensation is absent.

legsbestill - I find this interesting because although I have had RLS for 30+ years I've never had the urge/need to move without the crawly sensation being present.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Yes; I am fascinated, Betty. I have ALWAYS had the crawly feeling before too. I would have said it was an intrinsic part of the urge to move but it is the same tonight. I didn’t take pramipexole and although my legs are jerking - and my arms a bit too - there is no crawly feeling. The urge to move is not quite as severe as I think it would be without dipyridamole but it is unfortunately enough to disrupt sleep (it’s 3.47 am). However it is infinitely more bearable without the awful crawly sensation. It makes me feel like I am sort of rotten on the inside.

Tomorrow night I am taking pramipexole again. I am looking forward to a better night’s sleep then. All in all I am very pleased I embarked on this experiment. My next focus is to eliminate pregabalin. I will be delighted if I can get rid of that drug.

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Legs, remember that the pregabalin (and its relatives gabapentin and Horizant) is one of the very few medicines that increase deep sleep. Don't be surprised if you seem to sleep as well without it but feel more run down during the daytime. Getting the right dose is important because getting too much makes you feel run down as a side effect of the medicine. Obviously too little and you won't have the improvements in deep sleep.
Blessings,
Holland

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Good point, Holland. I will be vigilant in looking for the sweet spot. I am planning to reduce slowly so hopefully I will notice if I go past it.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

legs said
t makes me feel like I am sort of rotten on the inside

That is so sad.....
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

I have ALWAYS had the crawly feeling before too. I would have said it was an intrinsic part of the urge to move but it is the same tonight. I didn’t take pramipexole and although my legs are jerking - and my arms a bit too - there is no crawly feeling.
I didn't appreciate that they were two separate symptoms until I took gabapentin and codeine. The gabapentin stopped the creepy crawlies (at high doses) but not the urge to move. The codeine stopped the urge to move (and to a small extent the creepy crawlies). I might have got it backwards, it's been a long time.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Legs, how about an update?
Blessings,
Holland