Uh-oh... methadone hassles?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
stjohnh

Re: Uh-oh... methadone hassles?

Post by stjohnh »

https://www.authentickratom.com/borneo- ... vrneCNlCyU

This vendor has red vein Borneo in stock, however the minimum purchase is 5 oz. A little over $40. I bought from them previously, they are quite reliable but a little more expensive.

Another regular poster on this forum has used velvetsoul for a long time

https://www.velvetsoulnaturals.com/prod ... in-borneo/
Blessings,
Holland

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Oops, my mistake. Authentic Kratom does have red vein Borneo available in 1 oz size to start.

https://www.authentickratom.com/borneo- ... vrv7yNlCyW
Blessings,
Holland

mudslide

Post by mudslide »

Holland, I've just ordered the stuff you recommend. Now, having read more of the kratom posts on the Nonprescription Meds board, I find myself unsure about when to take it -- in conjunction with or before/after prescription meds? Or is this too a detail I'll just have to experiment with?

Betty, thanks for your continued support!

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Take with your other RLS meds.
Blessings,
Holland

mudslide

Post by mudslide »

Merci beaucoup, Holland.

mudslide

Post by mudslide »

stjohnh wrote:Mudslide, there are lots of different kinds of kratom, the most commonly recommended in these forums seems to be the red vein Borneo. That's what I use. I would start at a half a teaspoon, wait an hour or so and if no effect try another half teaspoon.

Holland, I've been reading a kratom website or two, and they say that at lower doses, kratom is a stimulant; seems like I'd need to go up to at least three teaspoons to get a sedative effect. What's your take on that?

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

The consensus (as close as it comes) that I have seen on the general kratom discussion boards is indeed that there is a dose range for sedative effects and a different dose range for stimulant effects. The common knowledge is also that the white and green strains are more stimulating than the red strains.

There is however a group of the general kratom users that say that there really isn't much difference between the strains.

My experience is that all doses seem to help me sleep once I get above a certain minimum amount.

I think the most important point is that the sleep disturbance and urge to move symptoms of restless leg syndrome are completely different than the get high, anxiety, and pain problems that most kratom users take the herb for.

As has been noted many times on this board, the response of individuals with restless leg syndrome to any particular treatment is not completely consistent.

I would say buy an ounce or a couple of ounces and try it at different doses and see how it works for you. It may work wonderfully, it may not work at all.

Also remember that the big pharmaceutical companies are completely against any natural herb being used for pharmaceutical purposes. They are all trying very hard to get Kratom outlawed, they want to keep all patients in the prescription pharmaceutical market to keep their profits up. They encourage lots of fear, uncertainty and doubt in the general public.

PS Mystic Island kratom sells red vein Borneo for about $61 a kilogram plus $9 shipping. This is the least expensive I have seen Kratom sold for from a US based company. I purchased a kilogram from them last week. http://www.mysticislandkratoms.com/item ... d%20Borneo
Blessings,
Holland

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Hi mudslide, I also use Kratom as part of my system to manage my rls. I find it very effective for my rls. I have read about it being stimulating at low doses and more soporific at higher doses. I found Kratom to have an alerting effect at times and I did try increasing the dose to get to the point where it induced rather than prevented sleep. However, I didn’t find a huge difference going to a higher dose in terms of sedative versus stimulating effect. At higher doses I experienced nausea however and would feel slightly hungover (dizzy and a bit out of it) the following day. Consequently, I would suggest starting at a low dose (at most 1 tsp) to see how you respond to it.
Like Holand, I tend to take red strains at night time but actually I don’t notice a huge difference between the strains. I do find Maeng da appreciably stronger than red vein Borneo but I haven’t found much difference between red and green/white strains in terms of stimulation. I have fewer problems with it keeping me awake at night when I don’t use it every single night. I usually rely on Kratom for two or three days per week.

mudslide

Post by mudslide »

stjohnh wrote:I would say buy an ounce or a couple of ounces and try it at different doses and see how it works for you. It may work wonderfully, it may not work at all.

Thanks, Holland. At your suggestion I bought an ounce of Red Maeng Da from SoCal. Have used it the past two nights trying to overcome insomnia that seems to be caused by .125 mg of Mirapex. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't inadvertently keeping myself even more awake with too low a dose of kratom. The first night I took 1 tsp, the second night 2.5. Couldn't feel any particular effect, but I did eventually fall asleep in the wee hours.

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Mudslide, so you took methadone + 0.125mg pramipexole + 2.5 teaspoons of Kratom last night?
Blessings,
Holland

mudslide

Post by mudslide »

stjohnh wrote:Mudslide, so you took methadone + 0.125mg pramipexole + 2.5 teaspoons of Kratom last night?

Yes, except that it was night before last. The Mirapex seems so clearly to be causing me insomnia that I quit taking it last night. Still had insomnia. Hoping it's just the Mirapex not being out of my system yet.

TiredGrammy

Post by TiredGrammy »

debbluebird...I am a 42 year veteran of RLS, new to this really awesome and helpful discussion board, and new to Methadone, which is not working great any more, (I've been on it since the beginning of March.) You mention a low dose of Methadone. May I ask - what is considered a low dose? When in the day do you take it? Do you get really sleepy?

MANY thanks!