Desperate

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
peanut1

Re: Desperate

Post by peanut1 »

ann . yes i do swim a few times a week as this helps the feet. saw my doc and she referred me to a psychiatrist due to the restless leg issue. oh and i have some freer weights i do.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

peanut1 wrote:ann . yes i do swim a few times a week as this helps the feet. saw my doc and she referred me to a psychiatrist due to the restless leg issue. oh and i have some freer weights i do.

Glad you have access to a pool. I know when my I needed knee surgery, the pool was the only way I could get any exercise.

Hope the psych will help.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

Ann,

I am just to afraid the ADs will activate the RLS which is so out of control right now. Meds are not doing what they need too. Getting 4 hours a night and don't want it to go lower than that with an AD as that will give me cause for more depression in itself. Will try to get on another med in addition to the ones I have. I will see neuro next week.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

peanut1 wrote:Ann,

I am just to afraid the ADs will activate the RLS which is so out of control right now. Meds are not doing what they need too. Getting 4 hours a night and don't want it to go lower than that with an AD as that will give me cause for more depression in itself. Will try to get on another med in addition to the ones I have. I will see neuro next week.

I hear you. I was worried, too, when I tried them. Luckily, I had no issues. And, given that the only reason I hadn't jumped off a bridge is that it took too much effort to find one, it was just in time for the AD.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

Ann,
OMG I have so been there!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

peanut1 wrote:Ann,
OMG I have so been there!

:cry:

Managing Your RLS

barrybush

Post by barrybush »

I have gotten COMPLETE RELIEF FROM MY RLS BY RUBBING A THIN LAYER OF VOLTAREN GEL on the back of my legs before bedtime. As I understand it, Voltaren gel is for arthritis but I got so desperate one week that I tried rubbing my legs each night with anything I could think of. I was amazed that Voltaren gel gave me complete relief. I have been doing that for 8 months with no side effects.