Story on Opioids

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ViewsAskew

Story on Opioids

Post by ViewsAskew »

Very hard to read from an emotional perspective.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 8389a2f039
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rustsmith

Re: Story on Opioids

Post by Rustsmith »

Yes, very hard. Especially since I was reading a research article earlier today about how the combination of sleep deprivation from insomnia and depression makes those of us with RLS even more susceptible to suicide ideation and thoughts.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I just wish that pendulum with start swinging back...but I have a feeling it hasn't even reached the far right, yet.

I was telling husband today that I've just been having such a hard time the last few weeks with a minor funk. Right now it seems the cyclical stuff we go through, but I asked him to keep an eye on me - so easy to go down that dark corridor and not even know you are in it, isn't it.

Managing Your RLS

badnights

Post by badnights »

Stewart quickly noticed suspicion not just among doctors but among friends and relatives, too. Did he really hurt that badly? Had he tried exercise? What about Advil? Maybe he just needed more rest.
Sound familiar?

Telling her staff that she was closing the pain clinic, she had said, “I will be shocked if we make it through this without anyone dying.”
Does anything say it better than this?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

badnights wrote:
Stewart quickly noticed suspicion not just among doctors but among friends and relatives, too. Did he really hurt that badly? Had he tried exercise? What about Advil? Maybe he just needed more rest.
Sound familiar?

Telling her staff that she was closing the pain clinic, she had said, “I will be shocked if we make it through this without anyone dying.”
Does anything say it better than this?

It was SUCH a truthful and honest look at this.

Managing Your RLS