What is Next

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Coalblooded

What is Next

Post by Coalblooded »

What happens if the Mirapex I take quits helping, it's a fear that I have because this condition has severely affected my life.

Rustsmith

Re: What is Next

Post by Rustsmith »

What dose have you been taking and do you know your ferritin number?

Usually when Mirapex stops working, it is due to augmentation. That is where a dopamine agonist stops helping and starts making your RLS worse. This is a condition that is specific to RLS. When this happens, you need to get off of the Mirapex and switch to a different medication, which can be very difficult. For more info, take a look through some of the discussions in our Augmentation forum.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.