TRAZODONE

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
barbeegee

TRAZODONE

Post by barbeegee »

I just had this prescribed and it really worked well. I fell asleep fast and awoke about 8 hrs later refreshed. No restless legs. However, in the morning as I drank my tea, I had a small episode... I'll keep taking it and see. Has anyone else tried this? It's not an Opioid or addictive.

Rustsmith

Re: TRAZODONE

Post by Rustsmith »

I took it and all it did was leave me walking around the house like a drunk, bouncing off of the walls of the hall. I tried it for just a few days and then threw the rest out.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Rustsmith wrote:I took it and all it did was leave me walking around the house like a drunk, bouncing off of the walls of the hall. I tried it for just a few days and then threw the rest out.

Same as Rustsmith. I then tried it as a sleep aid. I just felt hungover the next day. I slept something like 16 hours that first night. Eventually, though, I had to take more to get any effect. I decided it and I didn't get along.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I read this article saying that Trazodone was seen to help with insomnia for the first two weeks of treatment but it hasn't been checked for the treatment of chronic insomia, i.e. in the long term. Several side effects to be aware of.

https://www.consumerreports.org/insomni ... -you-take/
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

barbeegee

Post by barbeegee »

I'm off it already. I had restless legs x 10 the next day each time I took it.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

barbeegee - if you are now off the Trazodone are you taking anything that helps with your sleep?
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

So sorry about the increase in RLS.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

67java89

Post by 67java89 »

Rustsmith wrote:I took it and all it did was leave me walking around the house like a drunk, bouncing off of the walls of the hall. I tried it for just a few days and then threw the rest out.

My experience exactly! (And Seroquel did the same thing) Neither did anything to relieve the RLS.
Sleep is a basic need.

QyX

Post by QyX »

Ya, I made a similar experience ... it sedates me but my legs go crazy anyway ...