alcohol and sugar and RLS

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
verysf

alcohol and sugar and RLS

Post by verysf »

Is it my imagination, or does my RLS get much worse in the vening when I have sugar and/or alcohol. This is depressing, as dessert and a glass or two of wine with dinner seems to be something I so enjoy, but the impact is making me think whether its worth it. Do others have such experiences? Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Heronak

Post by Heronak »

Oh yeah! Alcohol, sugar (chocolate & ice cream are specific triggers for me) can make RLS worse. Thankfully, alcohol isn't a problem for me, as I do love wine. Avoiding sugar is difficult, but I can usually get away with having dessert if it's early in the evening. Best,

Heron