Prescription Savings $$$

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
yawny

Prescription Savings $$$

Post by yawny »

I just learned about GoodRX.com and RXSaver.RetailMeNot.com...they really work, I saved substantial money at my pharmacy on my last prescription renewal. On one prescription alone I saved $45. I presented coupons from both websites, for each medication, and my pharmacy only accepted one of the companies. Has anyone else had luck with this?

Polar Bear

Re: Prescription Savings $$$

Post by Polar Bear »

Seeing the price that some of our members pay for their medications makes me appreciate our free prescription medications here in NI. Our NHS is overloaded and underfunded but this aspect is a blessing. There has always been free prescription meds for children and for those over 60/65, but about 9 years ago it was introduced for all.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

I've just started using GoodRx. The dipyridamole I take for RLS was $80 for 90 tablets using my "insurance" plan, which didn't cover it at all, even though generic, because RLS is not an approved indication. GoodRX has it for $32, same Costco pharmacy.

Unfortunately it looks like it won't work with Injectafer, the IV Iron infusions I hope to get next month. About $900 per dose, 2 doses, 1 week apart. :shock:
Blessings,
Holland

yawny

Post by yawny »

That’s so great Betty...wish we had that here in the US.

Holland, have you seen the manufacturer’s savings program? Years ago I couldn’t afford a very expensive prescription so I checked out the manufacturer’s website and they had discount coupons that helped immensely.

https://injectafer.com/cost-and-savings

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Yup. The manufacturer does have a savings program. But it has to be used only for treatment of iron deficiency anemia which I definitely do not have.
Blessings,
Holland

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

In New Zealand we pay $5 up to about $120 each year then they are free. The downside is lots of drugs are not funded or not available at all so it's better for the majority but worse in some situations. I have to admit I like it although there have been some RLS drugs not available at all.