Neupro and Anxiety

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
2BassetMom

Neupro and Anxiety

Post by 2BassetMom »

I have been on the Neupro Patch, 1mg every 24 hours, for close to a month with great success. I am starting to wake up with anxiety attacks during the night and also experienced them during the day. I had this reaction while on Ropinirole. I am wondering if anyone else has had this side-effect?

Rustsmith

Re: Neupro and Anxiety

Post by Rustsmith »

One of the listed side effects for Neupro that is in the list that recommend calling your doctor is anxiety.

In my case, I do not remember ever experiencing anxiety prior to beginning treatment for RLS, which is good because it could have caused problems with my career. But now I occasionally experience it. I had not connected it with the use of a dopamine agonist, but maybe that is the reason why. Fortunately, I have found that one dose of the CBD tincture that my wife uses to treat her MS chases the feeling away almost immediately.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

2BassetMom

Post by 2BassetMom »

Steve, I have messaged my doctor. I'm leaving the patch off tonight to see if there is a difference.

badnights

Post by badnights »

How did it go? Was it any better? Not that being awake with symptoms all night is any better than anxiety attacks.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Any better?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

2BassetMom

Post by 2BassetMom »

Yes, I have had only 1 brief attack since I last posted. I think that being up all night with symptoms vs anxiety I would choose being up all night. But, maybe I won't need to decided. Hopefully that was a side effect that has come and gone. Thanks for your concern.

badnights

Post by badnights »

fingers crossed
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.