Cannabis

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
QyX

Re: Cannabis

Post by QyX »

Icantsleep wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:00 am
Keep up updated though

I use cannabis among other things , but I'm also very interested in the circadian rhythm medicine/research
So here is an update and I can say that my suspicion of Non24 was correct. I've been logging my sleep times for over 200 days and the pattern is more than obvious. However back in the summer and fall, falling asleep, maintaining sleep and managing my neuropathic pain where still huge issues besides my RLS.

One substance that finally fixed things in all those area was Tryptophan. In the meantime I take 1.000 mg per day, 500 mg every 12 hours. However I started with 200 mg / day because initially, I had quite extreme mood swings (initially up, then down again). Sometimes it almost felt like I was hypomanic.

Before I started Tryptophan, my average day was between 30 and 36 hours and I sometimes could go around the clock in just a few days. Now with my situation stabilized, it seems to take roughly 40 days to loop around unless I interfere with drugs like Clonazepam when I have an appointment.

Cannabis is still helpful for promoting sleep but to use it as a hypnotic, I need to reduce my tolerance and then it only works a few days before tolerance kicks in again. However Cannabis is super helpful for maintaining a relatively low opioid dose (compared to what it was before I started Cannabis) and promoting sleep, even when it is not good as long-term hypnotic. Maybe it would better for that purpose when I keep my dose as low as possible but now with the Tryptophan, falling asleep is rarely an issue anymore.

But the Non24 will stay, just with a 24,5 to 25h instead of 30 - 36. So at least I can plan a few days, even weeks ahead now.