Gabapenten used thru the night

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
leggo_my_legs

Re: Gabapenten used thru the night

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Brynmr wrote:I woke at 5 am with symptoms this morning so I'm thinking my second dose of Gabapentin at 10 pm rather than 9. I'm finding my RLS is expanding to a 12 hour cycle up from an initial 6-8 hour cycle 6 months ago and the mg has increased to 1200-1500 mg. Yeah, timing is pretty important.
It's possible that you are developing tolerance to gabapentin, and it may be making your RLS worse. I had a similar effect with gabapentin, which I was taking off label for anxiety. I reached tolerance with it (though I didn't know that's what was happening), MD increased it to 1800 mg, and am going through a horrendous withdrawal trying to get off it. This was totally unexpected and really created a lot of problems for me.

Brynmr

Re: Gabapenten used thru the night

Post by Brynmr »

What drugs did you switch to? I'm sometimes taking 1800 mg throughout the night.