suboxone/Belbuca to oxycodone?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
wantok

suboxone/Belbuca to oxycodone?

Post by wantok »

Trying to treat PLMD.

Started with methadone, mainly 5 mg., great sleep but sedated all day.

Changed briefly to suboxone, tiny dose, started causing nervousness/insomnia, as did one day on Belbuca.

After 2 nights of no sleep, can I switch to oxycodone or do I have to wait a couple of days until the last drugs are out of my system? (The experiment with Sub/Bel was two weeks at a tiny dose.)

Also, another question: anyone on methadone tried the liquid and have success with controlling the sedation? That is another direction I am thinking of going, back to meth but hoping controlling the dose with drops might help?

Actually, I think this whole thing is hopeless.

ViewsAskew

Re: suboxone/Belbuca to oxycodone?

Post by ViewsAskew »

The only thing I have found to work is a mixture of things. Because of the degree of PLMS and RLS, I need quite a bit of any one medication. And, that always causes issues. When I take a bit of this, a bit of that, and a dash of something else, it seems to work much better.

I take about 1/3 to 1/2 the dose of methadone that I would take if I only took it, along with 1/3 to 1/2 the pramipexole (which helps the PLMS better than anything I have every tried), and then a bit of gabapentin, or a bit of kratom, or a bit of CBD (all of those help with sleep, not the movements or urge to move).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

QyX

Re: suboxone/Belbuca to oxycodone?

Post by QyX »

If you come from Buprenorphine (Suboxone) you can switch to any other opioid. It is only problematic when it is the other way around.