Effectiveness of Neupro patch

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Rustsmith

Re: Effectiveness of Neupro patch

Post by Rustsmith »

redshoes and legsbestill

The FDA max dose of pramipexole for RLS is 0.5mg. You should not go any higher except for short periods under exceptional conditions. As for the dose, 0.5mg is fairly comparable to the 4mg patch, so this was sort of an even swap (without the rash). I made that same switch myself a few years ago. Both my doctor and I knew that I was augmenting and pramipexole was a bit easier to "manage" than that huge the patch. I was getting ready to move about then, so my doctor could not switch me to an opioid. That switch had to wait until I got with my current doctor. So, in the meantime, I ended up having to slowly increase my pramipexole dose to 0.75 to 1mg (following my previous doctor's instructions). And just for the record, my previous doctor is one of the US RLS experts and is an advisor to the Foundation.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.