PLMD experience?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
wantok

PLMD experience?

Post by wantok »

As most with PLMD know, there is little research about our condition. I am interested in learning as much as I can about successful treatment of PLMD from sufferers. I am especially interested in people whose principal complaint is PLMD.

What medicine helped you and for how long?

Stainless

Re: PLMD experience?

Post by Stainless »

My wife's principal complaint is my PLMD. Hard to sleep with someone with this condition but she is a great sport. My symptoms are mostly when I'm asleep but a little in the evenings. I had no idea how bad it was until I took a video even though it's been going on for over 45 years. Without Clonazepam I would be bouncing off the walls now. Even the meds that worked for a few months on RLS (Requip ER, Gabapentin, Lyrica and some other DAs) quickly lost their effectiveness on me. Especially as far as PLMD is concerned.

Good luck and try everything before loading up on meds.

wantok

Post by wantok »

What does "try everything" mean? I watch my triggers, if that is what you mean.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I wish I had an answer for you. Mine was much worse then the RLS, but augmentation changed that. Permanently. Now I don't even worry about the PLMS.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.